Saturday, April 13, 2013

On the road again!



So the image of this post is the story of my life these days, and what's TRULY ironic, is that I never got rid of the boxes from when we moved last year. Um hum, I think God's been speaking to me for a while and I just started listening!

We took a moment from packing to play some tennis today, which essentially means that my daughter had me running around like a crazy lady. This is my kid about to serve a ball I can't hit back, LOL!!



Honestly, I don't have a count of how many aces she scored against me, so we don't keep score because it would be a LOT of 6-0, 6-0 mathches between us. So while she worked on her serves, volleys, ect, I worked on holding up the fence:

<

Movin' on, I got in touch with the Pathologist at a local med school that I used to shadow earlier today, to ask if she had any recommendations for Pathologists I could shadow at my new city. And while I haven't heard back yet (I just emailed her today), I'm hoping that betwwen her and the world reknown NIH pathologist I published with, I should be able to find someone to shadow. Put another way, I plan to hit the ground running when I get there!!! The only thing I'll have to decide on is what I want to do for a living and given the way things are employment wise in metro DC, I'm so VERY blessed to have viable and well paying employment options in my new city.

So with pathology back to being front and center work wise, I'm actually thinking more about Oncology and how much my pathology background could significantly help me in that field. And as much as I complain about the negative aspects of patient care and/or being a researcher, I KNOW deep down in my heart that I REALLY want to do both. Put together with the fact that a Cancer researcher/mentor in my new city is back in my life in a big way, I'm starting to believe that I just may have the right support to make this MD/PhD career happen. Because the motivation to do so has NEVER been in doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment