Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever!!!!

So I've been back for a few weeks now and what can I say, everything is everything. In other words, someone has turned my cookie jar over..........twice! But it's all good, I'm hanging in there.

Right now, I'm at home recuperating from yet another biopsy (this is my 4th) so I guess my interest in pathology shouldn't be surprising. I also found out that the PI for one of the positions I was to interview for is leaving his post at the end of the year but luckily, I had already lined up an interview with his colleague. The thing is that after really thinking about it, I'm not sure it would be in my best interest to go back and forth between my school and the NIH. In fact, I think it would be pretty stressful given that I have to balance medical school classes as well. So on that note, I'll also be interviewing for a another position at my school. Yeah, I'm going to be paid less money (probably half as much) but there are more important things than money.

I've also recently gotten 3 minority Dr's, 2 MD's and 1 PhD to agree to be interviewed for MRM's main page which is so exciting!! I usually do a pretty good job of keeping my spirits up, but it occasionally gets depressing to realize that minorities have/are supporting sites NOT run my them in far larger numbers our "own". And it's at those moments when I feel like throwing in the towel. But just when I start to feel that way, a URM or 3 recently, will reach out. And that gives me the inspiration to carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment