Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dam, Dam, Dam!

So this is going to be a bitchin post where I pretty much bitch about almost everything in my life.

1)It will be a miracle IF I get the data ready for my presentation next Wednesday. 2of the 4 cells lines I'm using were contaminated thanks to one of my lab mates using my media and essentially contaminating it. And the molecular weight marker I need to run my gels won't be available until May 9, 2 weeks AFTER my presentation. I will try again to borrow some from another lab but one rather unfortunate thing I'm starting to notice about both my group and some of the adjacent labs is that folks ain't all that friendly.

2)I HAVE to schedule myomectomy surgery for some time in early to mid-May. The only good thing about this is that the anesthesia used to induced sleep, is by far the BEST sleep I've EVER had.

3)Gas is over $4.00 per gallon and that's a COMPLETE rip off! I'm back to using the metro and riding the bus because I REFUSE to fund the gas execs summer homes in the Caribbean. That's going to add about 1.5 hours to my daily commute but I'm not mad about that. I just feel blessed that I don't have to choose between gas and food, or gas and some other necessity. Changing habits by choice is a far better and blessed place to be.

4)My MCAT prep in verbal is down to a 10 after reaching a high of 14.

Ok, I think I'm done now!

No comments:

Post a Comment