Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oh Happy Day!!

So now that my semester is over, I can now start again sitting in on sign out and attending Pathology conferences. To brush up, I've visited the JHU unknown website (http://pathology2.jhu.edu/sp/) and also dusted off the Robbins Path book and well as my Histology atlas. Did I mention how much I LOVE Pathology?!?!

Other than that, I'm also studying more for the MCAT and I'm scheduled to take the test again on July 10, 2008. That puts me smack dab in the middle of my Medical Physiology course and well post surgery, so I think I'll be OK. I managed a 30 hour/week clinical position last summer while taking Medical Biochem/Molec Bio/Endocrinology last summer, so everything should work out.

On the family front, I've also been looking into summer camps for my daughter and it looks like she's going back to the YMCA for Tennis camp most of the summer after a 2 year hiatus, to a 1 week camp for future Architects, and 1 week of Violin camp. Man this kid is really blessed because I didn't go to camp until I was in high school for band and majorette camp. One thing I won't do is waste money on one of those "high falutin" camps like I did last year and where she was miserable! Kids from wealthy families can be so unbelieveably snotty (not mine), but the all you can eat buffet for lunch was the bomb! I STILL can't believe some of the items they had to choose from! So this summer, we wanted to make sure we got some cultural and economic diversity, but given that the camp is the richest county in Maryland, it will barely be economically diverse.

Well I guess that's it for now. Just couting down until I can attend Path conference this Thursday! With my foot propped up, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment