It's a strange thing for me to be wondering what I'll be doing 6 months from now. I usually have unshakable faith during periods of uncertainty but for the past few months, that just hasn't been the case. The first "issue" was the very real yet highly unlikely chance that I wouldn't wake up from the anesthesia. The second is the doubt I have that I'll be in med school later this year.
What has become more obvious after I had a moment last night about putting med school off indefinitely was that there is absolutely nothing in the world I'd rather be doing 6 months from now than being neck deep in the med school curriculum. Absolutely NOTHING!!! And sometimes I think that what these periods of uncertainty are all about, is God shoring up our resilience and determination for the long road ahead and what better way to do that than to add a minor set back. Because in the overall picture of things, having no word this early in the post bacc with linkage game is fairly typical considering that some deadlines for applications aren't until mid summer. And how many times have I heard the story of a person getting the call to start med school on a Monday, the Friday before.
So with all that said, I going to stand out on a limb here and have faith that now is my time and that I'm just waiting on the acceptance letter(s) to arrive in the mail.:)