Sunday, December 27, 2009

I can transform you? NOT!!!


One of the very cool things about having a child who's intrigued by mechanical toys is that they always want cool toys for Christmas. That my mechanically inclined kid is a girl, makes it even more cool to me!

So when she asked for one of the transformer toys for Christmas, we happily ablidged. But when I got stuck with trying to change the thing (Opps, I mean Bumble-Bee) from being a transformer back into a car, I realized why I decided against becomeing an Engineer all those many years ago! The reviews on this toy were mixed primarily because of the difficulty in converting the thing back and forth but since my daughter usually puts these type of toys together without looking at instructions I figureded she's have no problem. Well SHE doesn't have a problem, but I do, LOL!!! Anyway, I almost have it put together so I'll post a picture when I get it done.

In other news, I started my MCAT review with basic math which will be followed by Physics. And I mean BASIC math, manipulating large numbers, decimals, ect all those things that if not done quickly and accurately can mean disaster on the MCAT.

School wise, I'm just ready to be done. I should be more excited since I'm graduating from such a great school but these past 2 years have left me somewhat disillusioned about med/grad school. I imagine that these feelings are normal but I often wonder how much my age has to do with it especially since I could keep the job I have and be satisfied long term. Sometime I ask myself, am I being "greedy" because I want to push myself both personally and professionally when there are so many underpaid, disgruntled people both in training to become Physicians and in Science in general? Or do I owe it to myself to leave no stone untruned when it comes to my professional and personal happiness?

I keep telling myself to go for it with the additonal cavaet to not waste ANY time. For me, that's going to mean changing some aspects of my "environment" so that I create as conducive a situation as I can, eliminating ALL negative/distractions or as many as I can. Next year is going to be BIG for me, and I'm going to do everything I can to see that vision become reality! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment