Sunday, December 20, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, what the hell, 22 inches of snow??



So I spent this past weekend alone (YEAH!!!!!) and snowed in, double yeah, LOL!!! You would think that a person born in Cali and raised in Fla would HATE the snow but I'm the exact opposite because I enjoy having seasons. My daughter is over a friends house building igloos, sledding (yeah I bet ya'll didn't know black folks sled too, lol), and probably eating more junk food than she should. Plus I think her school is going to be closed tomorrow so she's sure to enjoy this little snow break.

Of course, all this time to myself gave/is given me a lot of time to read (the latest book by Robin Cook which of course includes Pathologists as main characters) and time to think over my career. I guess you can say that I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to earn my PhD on this gig because I felt like I had a very good project, but the project that has taken it's place is just as interesting. Basically, I went from an infectious agent project to one involving the brain and it's ironic that this new project is in line with my newly founded interest in neuropathology. Actually, it's not all that new since I used to shadow a Neuropatholgist at the NIH and also had some previous exposure to the field when my Father had a stoke years ago.

Movin' on, my plan this break is to get my mind in order so I can be throughly prepared when I take the MCAT next year and I've got a LOT of work to do. One the one hand, my molec physio course has prepared me for the type of questions that will be on the MCAT but so much of the basics I'm going to need to review. Class wise, I've decided on 2 seminar courses instead of one seminar and one course, which will allow me to complete my degree requirements and not be too stressed out from school that I won't be able to study for the MCAT. Not sure what it is, but something feels different about this plan and I'm guessing that a lot of it has to do with how much more peace I have in my personal life. The other very big part of it is that I think my daughter is at a great place for me to really focus on my career without feeling like I'm not providing for her needs as well.

Ok, I'm going to finish enjoying my rare weekend of peace!!! Stay warm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment