Monday, January 10, 2011

I'll take a hot comb, a flat iron, and some acrylamide???

Anyone who saw Chris Rocks' movie "Good Hair", knows what those items are mentioned in my title. But the acrylamide probably throws some folks for a loop , unless you've done some recombinant DNA research. Strangely enough, acrylamide was listed as one of the ingredients in one of the hair care products I recently purchased marketed to folks with kinky hair (noticed I didn't say black hair because I know many black folks with naturally straight hair, so IMHO there's no such thing as "black hair".) Needless to say, I won't be using THAT product and I now read the ingredients of the hair products I use VERY carefully.

On to other things, what in the hell was I thinking talking about registering for a GRE prep course? Actually, WTF was I thinking, geez I'm gunning for my plan "B" without realizing it!!!! So no, I didn't register for THAT course, I'm going to register for the MCAT prep course and I'll be literally praying the class isn't full yet!! Guess I'll find out tomorrow and as soon as I do, I'll let you know!!

I also got a lead on a job in the path department at a local hospital, which will involve ONLY pathology informatics type work and I'm going to seriously consider applying for it. I really miss being around human pathologists (no offense to vet paths), but I also miss my work having more direct human relevance (as it did was I was at the NIH in the Path dept.). It will also mean about 10K more in pay and I'm certainly down with that!!

Speaking of Pathologists, I've been doing a lot of research on options to get med school paid for like the public health service and although I'll technically be over the age limit for these programs, I'm going to do my best to make it hard for them to tell me no should I apply. Of course, my MCAT is going to factor in heavily since I have a gizzilion credits hours including some med school credits, so I'm just going ot focus on staying and maintaining my motivation to see this things throuygh to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment