Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pre-Pre 3rd year all nighters


For whatever reason, I didn't go to sleep until 6 AM this morning, which means I was up for 23 hours straight for no pressing reason. So I did end up having 2 MCAT study sessions yesterday, one at my local starbucks and the other from about 10PM until 2AM. And my study is going extremely well!! After studying, I surfed the net and cable TV until I finally fell asleep at ~6AM. And while surfing the net, I came across the TV show Hopkins 24/7 which I had NEVER watched before. And in typical fashion, the stories that touch me more were the ones of people being treated for cancer. One of the story lines was about a 14 year old girl who was diagnosed with uterine cancer (eventually), but because the insurance company took her family on a trip down "papertrail" lane, her treatement was delayed, and she ended up dying from a cancer that typically has a 5 year survival rate in the 90% range. So once again, I'm reminded of why I HATE insurance companies and why the idea of having to deal with them in ANY way, pushes me back into wanting to stick with Pathology!!

Anyhoo, this is going to be a short post because now my 23 hour marathon is starting to catch up with me! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

Finally, RIP to Amy Winehouse. This woman could sang, as we say down south. I'm just wishing she like so many others before her, had said yes, yes, yes, to a long term successful stint in rehab.In the video below, she sings the Marvin Gaye/Tammy Terrell flavored "Tears Dry On Their Own". They most certainly do......................

No comments:

Post a Comment