Sunday, September 25, 2011

Have a "broweed"??? It's not your ordinary brownie.

It turns out DD is being teased/bullied for not wanting to "pass the duchy on the left had side". And I'd really like to say that I'm shocked, but I'm not. 51% of all teenaged drug buys occur "in da' 'hood". Guess where that other 49% occurs?? Yep right here where I live, in the county of one of the highest per capita incomes in the US. Not only that, there's an unspoken "no snitch" rule in these kinds of neighborhoods too. Now, whoda' thunk all that?

So of course we had the looooonnnnggg talk parents have with their kids when these issues arise and at the end of the day, we're very proud she didn't cave in to peer pressure. And given that she has so many adults to answer to, I think the "village" that's raising my kid is gonna be there to make sure she does the right thing and to reward her when she does. After "the talk", she did what she had to do school wise (with my help of course), and now her grades are up, though it's going to take a miracle to bring them all up to at least all 'B's.

Movin' on, I've been very busy at work this week prepping a poster for a meeting and while it's usually VERY exciting, trying to use Microsoft 10 to do it has been one big pain in the rear! URGH!!!! At any rate, I'll be posting a few images from my poster to bore my readers who are not future pathologist to death real soon, LOL!!!

Now can someone tell me whos dumb a** idea it was to put "bud" in a d*mn brownie?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment