Thursday, October 27, 2011

A hard head makes for a soft behind..............

Or so my grandmother used to say! I had to leave work early today because I wasn't felling well and this latest not feeling well episode is a little scary for me.

Scary because this nagging pain in my side has been there for about 5 years, through 2 surgies and it's STILL there. At any rate the pain is pretty bad now so I've finally decided to suck it up and get it checked out tomorrow. Obviously, I'm hoping it's nothing too serious as in will not require a surgical fix and given my research background and family history the unknown is pretty darn scary!

Jobwise things are okay, but I think I've FINALLY had enough of lab work so I'm taking an R stats class on line so I can apply for other jobs more in the bioinformatics realm. I also went ahead and formally applied to the position at my old job (an even better fitting one became available), but now that I think I'm done with the lab, I don't know if I'll really follow through with the interview process or not. Actually, I think I'd like to stay with the company I'm currently with because the benefits are amazing and quite frankly I'd REALLY like to stay put in the same place until med school. The idea of changing companies again just isn't something I feel up to doing right now due to the economy and the stress of starting over, even if it is with folks I used to work for and still know.

Well this is it for now! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment