Monday, November 28, 2011

Another post with no name!


I don't really have much to say these days, just spending a LOT of time thinking about a career in medicine and looking at that schools in my target areas. And trying to make sure I don't have another spike in my blood pressure. One thing that trip to the ER last week did do was put me back on a regular exercising program. QUICK LIKE!!!!

Last week, I also learned that my MCAT score would qualify me to make $50 bucks an hour tutoring, so I signed up with one local company and have spent the past week taking exams in my "key" areas in order to be "certified" to tutor in those areas. And that sounds great! Except, I'd really rather tutor kids who can't afford private tutoring, so I'm going to look into a local program that will allow me to tutor kids at one of the disadvantaged schools in my County. Maybe I can figure out a way to do both?

Other than that, I've done a little shopping on line for Christmas and not much more than that other than thinking about how scared I was last week during my little health crisis. Right after thinking about my family, my IMMEDIATE next thought was about finishing med school. Yeah, it's THAT important to me that in the middle of what felt like a stroke, I was thinking about finishing med school, LOL!! Hilarious!!!

Along those same lines, I'm really starting to have more and more feelings like Pathology may not be for me now that I'll have the freedom of an emply nest come residency time. And this will probably be a recurring theme in my posts, about how a career in a clinical speciality seems like a better fit for me personally. Though I'm still going to have to come up with a way to deal with Attendings and Nurses with attitudes because folks with 'tudes in Path are a rare occurance!

No comments:

Post a Comment