Friday, December 9, 2011

Hotter than hell


How many times have I blogged about Pharma Psi Pharma being so NOT for me? Well on one level this was the most productive weeks I've had since I've been there. On the other it was a reminder than until I get my black butt IN medical school, I ain't "neva gonna be comfortable" professionally speaking.

You see the problem is when your blazing through your work and most of the others in your group are lazy, you instantly put a big 'ol target on your back. Case in point, Path201X is hogging up all the work, NOT Path201X is getting the work done so that our Director stops mentioning our group NOT getting much done in the next meeting. Well, if YOUR lazy butt won't do the work within an amount of reasonable time, and I have a Scientist breathing down my back about where his slides are, I have two choices. Either keep asking your triflin' ass to get the work done, or do it my damn self! Obviously, I went with the latter which I mistakenly thought would keep your lazy a$$ from telling my boss that I'm surfing the net, when I'm actually reading pubmed journal articles. Unfortunately, for me no such luck!!

At any rate, I made it through the early part of the week with flying colors (or so I thought) only to have my Supv light me up like a Christmas tree because one of the lazy bee-otyches in my group, an Indian woman with an identity crisis (she wears BLUE contact lenses yet is about 50 shades darker than me not to mention she's well over 50), complained to our Supv about me while he was on a business trip. And she complained to him in numerous emails, that I'd filed a document in the wrong place. Lemme repeat that, She. Complained. About. A misfiled. Document. With 10 emails. TEN!!! And did I mention that I was NOT the one who misfiled it in the first place? A. Stupid. Piece. Of. Paper. So instead of him taking this out on HER, I got to be the fall guy which facilitated a meeting between me and HIS boss. Now, I don't personally know what it is with people who go off the deep end about dumb $hit, but what I do know and have blogged about before is that my tolerance for it is next to minuscule (now if you have an issue about my "science", I can dig that). Needless to say, I've NEVER been as angry as I was with him at this piint because I'm certain there were a few human resources violations embeded in what he said to me. So at this point, I knew I'd better do 2 things: 1) Talk to his supervisor to put a stop to the crap for once and for all and 2) Talk to HIM to let him know that I wasn't gonna keep dealing with his asinine temper tantrums. Over. Dumb. *hit!

Moving on, everything ended well with his Supv telling me and I quote "You're doing great, so don't sweat not having a job". Now his Supv, our Director, is Indian and I'm not saying Indian folks can't use urban slang, it's simply not something I expect from an India born Indian man over 50, LOL!!!! I also got an apology from my Supv with a reminder of the fantastic job I'm doing. However, what I'm learning over and over again especially in Big Pharma, is that there's a TON of fragile ego's around so I gotta be careful, though I'm still working on how to do that when I'm in a group with 2 choice, laxy, idiots!

1 comment:

  1. Path2012,

    May I please give you my two cents? I know it was not asked for and I hate when people offer their opinion when I did not ask..LOL...But, I must share this with you in love..and wanting you to LIVE your DREAM....

    The heat is being put to you to make you take action on what you know you are suppose to be doing. When you are getting it from all sides for NOTHING...then you have to step back and evaluate...
    1) Is there something Im missing?
    2) Am I sitting down when I should be standing or walking when I should be running?..I say you should be running...running to get the HELL out of there...You destiny lies within you..You are already know it...you are so blessed to have the vision and insight to where and what you want. Most adults can not say the same....
    3) Is this heat Im feeling, trying to push me into my true destiny...? ABSOLUTELY....it's like the mother bird pushing the baby bird out of the nest...It's time for you to FLY.

    Until you do what you are suppose to do..the HEAT will still be in the kitchen...I just pray that you act, move quickly. Dont let this door close on you...Please...You dont know when it will open again..YOUR DOOR IS OPEN...and it's as wide as the east is from the west...

    What are you waiting for? What do you need to put things in order so that you can apply to med school? Because you know you are going to get in. Is your daughter prepared for the change that is about to take place..? Prepare her now...then when you get your acceptance letter(s)...everyone involved will be in agreement and the transition will be smooth....

    Come on girl...Let's do this....

    ReplyDelete