Saturday, January 7, 2012

What goes up, must come down, and down, and down, and down


So yesterday was the "survivor's meeting" at my company where the CEO gave a speech intended to keep us all from immediately applying to other jobs, LOL!!! And I guess time will tell if it actually works or not.

But what I find increasingly interesting as I consider on a deeper level how drugs come to market, is how proper preparation on the front end of it could often prevent complicated and irrecoverable (is that a word?) problems in the future. All that said, at the end of my thought process, I realize that alturism is rarely a motive for bringing a new drug to market which may make a HUGE difference in the "Karma" that gets "created" when the process is started. And as much as I'd like to elaborate more, in the interest of keeping my job until I'm ready to leave and with the realization that the Internet ain't all that anonymous, that's all I'm going to say about it that at this point. What I will say is that I'm thrilled to be one of the few people in the world who is truly driven by altruism when it comes to my career (or I'd be using one or more of those degrees I have to make MUCH more money working somewhere else, LOL!).

This week was also a challenge from the "Mom" perspective which I suspect will be the case until my now 15 year old female kid becomes an adult (and perhpas beyond that). And like most of our "challenges", they pretty much amount to her either a) forgetting that I'm an adult (BAD idea!) or b) forgetting that all the excuses/tricks kids use to get out of doing their school work, I'm already quite familiar with!!! Needless to say, it couldn't have come at a worse time but as always, we made it through, though she's gonna be on punishment until the summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment