Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Super nerd with insomnia

It's about 5 AM and I've been up since around 4 AM when I was awakened by the sound of my problem child trying to unravel the plastic wrapper off the hamburger I accidentally left out on the stove to thaw. And all I had to do to find her, was follow the trail of blood leading throughout the house.

But since my first day in my new bioinformatics/ molecular biology lab isn't until this morning, I've decided to stay up since I'm too excited to go back to sleep. Of course, I didn't get to sleep until after 11 because I'm excited, so this is going to be a function on five hours of sleep kinda day.

I've also decided that since I'll be traveling to DC everyday and the parking situation around medical schools is beyond hectic (and costs ~ $15.00/day for parking alone), I'm going to using public transportation instead. And I actually love this option because I HATE driving in metro DC and I get to see areas of the city I normally wouldn't get to see. But my commute rarely involves riding the metro rail for 4 reasons: 1) I don't think it's all that safe or efficient with CONSTANT delays 2) I don't find it very cost effective at around $17 dollars/day, and 3) I don't find it all that safe or efficient. So I'll be on the commuter/ regional bus which is kinda nice with the big, comfy seats, at least on the commuter bus. Now this commute is going to take 2 hours one way doorstep to doorstep, which gives me plenty of time read journal articles and computer programming books on the way. Driving would be quicker ~ an hour, but I've decided to only drive on days when it's going to be super hot since bad air quality = not too good for asthma. And using the metro would take about ~ 1.75 hours. So, I'll probably end up mixing it up as I don't like to have consistent patterns too much as consequence perhaps of marrying a man that did "special" things in the military and growing up next to the 'hood. Basically, anyone trying to gauge my patterns would get confused quick, lol!

Now it's about 5:40AM and I'm getting sleepy, but I know if I fall asleep now, I'm going to feel like someone cracked me over the head with a metal pipe when my alarm goes off at 6:15. So I'm gonna do my best to stay awake now, and catch a snooze on the commuter bus later this morning!!

Ahhhh, ya' know, life is good!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment