Here are my most recent top 10's:
1) I don't care what ANYONE says, race relations in the US are far worse than ever in the time that President Obama has served as president.
2) Being treated like a Post-Doc gets real old when the real Post-Doc from your lab, who's supposed to be training you, is STILL on vacation after defending her dissertation. URGH!!
3) This Monday, I'll have to start getting up at 5AM everyday thanks to the commute from hell. But after talking with my Banker last Friday, whose husband has a 2.5-3 hour commute one way EVERYDAY, I've decided NOT to complain about it.
4) I'm on a wait list of sorts, for a teaching gig at a local University and I desperately hope a spot opens up in the next 3 days. I really miss teaching at the collegiate level!
5) I wish more Black bloggers would blog more about the negative realities of being Black in America. Sure, we shouldn't dwell on it but rarely mentioning anything gives folks the false idea that everything is "swell" when this is FAR from the truth.
6) How can a presidential candidate get away with not releasing a certain number of tax returns? We all KNOW he paid a lower percentage than the average secretary, so he may as well come clean.
7) Speaking of presidential politics, I'm so disappointed at all the social issues President Obama failed to address in his first term. Would a Jew ignore anything about the Holocaust? I seriously doubt it.
8) I'm still very much missing my "middle child". :(
9) I succeeded in designing my first primer this week, after NUMEROUS tries. Now I'm trying to do the same using Bioinformatics tools. YIKES!!!
10) Finally, I'm really loving our new neighborhood because it has that "homey" feeling I experienced living in the South. And I'm still really loving being back in Academia for the exact same reason!!!!!