Monday, December 10, 2012

Career of confusion!!!!

Imagine seeing a Black woman running down the street screaming madly as if her life is in danger. Now imagine her being chased by a microscope. Can you picture that? Well that's exactly how I'm feeling these days.

So it turns out that one of my recent job interviews has pretty much amounted instead to an offer to do something pathology related because "You're a such GREAT fit for this job". Again, let me preface this by saying that I'm VERY thankful for options when so many people have limited ones. But Pathology.......again.... are you serious? And exactly what does this all mean???



Honestly, I don't think I've ever been as temporarily "career confused" as I am right now, and by that I mean I know I'm ultimately applying to med school. But what to do in the meantime has been a continuous source of frustration for me. I just can't tell which direction I need to be focused in right now. What I do know is that what I really want to do, Informatics work, hasn't panned out yet and that sitting on my arse all day isn't an option. So maybe there's something to me doing non-lab, pathology related work again at this point and time? I don't know, but I'll be in deep prayer until I get an answer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment