Sunday, March 17, 2013

March 2013's, 10 for the road

It's that time again, time for my rambling thoughts presented as a "top ten"!!!

1) As writing is becoming a HUGE part of my life these days, my #1 goal is to learn how to better EDIT what I write! URGH!!!!

2) During this time of year when 4th year med students are matched into residency programs, is it important to tell folks you got your top choice? Really??? All these years where I've heard/read about this info I've NEVER considered it anything worth bragging about. And in this economy, can't folks just be happy to have a JOB when so many others don't?

3) I'm still waiting (in vain it seems) on President Obama to address the record unemployment in the Black community. Tick, tock, tick, tock.................................

4) There's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much involved with starting a business, especially if you're considering a non-profit as I am. And I realize that this is NOT a couple months venture, what I envision would probably take YEARS!!! Double URGH!!!

5) My physics review is coming along quite nicely and yes, I use my "in home physics tutor" AKA my daughter, quite regularly!

6) This is the first weekend in a while where I didn't have any clients. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

7) I know what people say about learning getting more difficult or decreasing with age, but I feel I'm having the exact opposite reaction. As I age, my learning not only get better, it's a lot more precise, as in I'm better able to filter out what's important from what's not. And I can't wait to see how much this improves my MCAT score!!

8) I still marvel at how much my life has changed over the past year, especially as it relates to my short term career goals.

9) Related to #8, it's interesting to have conversations with other science education professionals about why high school kids aren't prepared for STEM subjects in college. And it seems to me that while some of the fault rests with the kids not being as prepared as they could be, these college professors also need to take a LONG hard look in the mirror themselves. And yeah, I KNOW saying that is NOT going to go over well!

10) Life is good! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment