Wednesday, May 15, 2013

T-minus 21 and counting!



*Image credit google images

So in less than 2 weeks, the place we've called home for the past 13 years will no longer be our home! Hallelujah!!! Make that a double hallelujah!

Knowing this, I went home to NC this weekend to see my family since it will be awhile before I see them again once we move. And given all the pure garbage AKA drama going on in my family right now, that won't be a bad thing! No details needed, every family I know of has a certain level of dysfunction but geez, some people seem to thrive on it!!

Anyhoo, my first stop is ALWAYS a hot spot called Paul's place pictured below:


And when I say I ate hot dogs, I mean I had hot dogs for lunch AND dinner for the first 2 days I was there, LOL!!! So I "prepared" myself by keeping my fat intake on the low in the days before my trip (and hell naw, it probably didn't make a big difference!). Funny thing is that my Internet didn't work so I ended up having a true vacay, though not being able to get on the Internet for almost the entire time I was there was kinda HARD!!!!

I also went to church and my daughter took this photo afterwards:


The thing about my kid is that now that she's older AND taller, I'm starting to have frequent "speeches" with old, crusty men trying to come onto my kid. BAD IDEA, I'm the queen of the "what da' hell are you looking at with your old a$$" statement, ROTFL!!!

Another commonality on my trips back home to NC is breakfast at this fine, dining establishment:


Yeah I know, I'm lucky I get outta' there without an active case of shigellosis, but hey what's country girl at heart who's eaten at some of the finest restaurants in the US supposed to do, other than hope I don't get a case food poisoning, LOL???

No comments:

Post a Comment