Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Gone but not forgotten

This Saturday, I will attend the funeral of my favorite Aunt and I guess at times like these, there really isn't much than can be said. I'm just extremely glad we were able to spend time together before she passed away.

Ironically the morning I found out she had passed, I also had an interview for another research position. And to be quite honest, it never once dawned on me not to attend the interview. So despite a very demure disposition at the interview (which isn't a word ANYONE would use to describe me normally, lol), I walked out of the meeting with a lab position from a well renowned MD/PhD. Not only that, I strongly believe that I'll be in this lab until I finish my MD/PhD due in large part to this PI's strenuous support of my professional goals. And I'll be ON campus to boot!! Honestly, it doesn't get any better than this, I simply wish I were in better spirits these days. And what is probably no suprise to anyone who regularily reads my blog, I'm back to doing cancer research.

So this week, in addition to preparing for finals next week, I also have to have a mini proposal ready by next Thursday to present to my new lab group. Talk about jumping from the frying pan ot the fire! What can I say, I'm ready to do the dam thing!

My other news is that I finally joined a ladies roller skating group though I have only been to one session. But I look forward to lacing up my new skates for our session next Wednesday! I can't wait to dust off my jam skating moves over the holiday break!

I also registered for classes for next semester in addition to setting my schedule for the 2008-2009 school year. I've got a very light schedule next semester whcih will allo me to focus on inproving my MCAT score, but I'll be back at the med school next summer taking Medical Physiology. Yikes is all I have to say about that, but I'm encouraged due to the amount of physiology (cardiovascular) I'm learning in my current Pharm course. I'll have to think about whether or not I want to take Medical Pharmacology with the med school in Fall 2008 and that will depend on how my research is going. If I haven't had any major set backs in the lab, I will probably just focus on my research so I can get back out there presenting my work at National meeting in 2009. Well see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment