Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mommy, can you do the stanky leg???

First, Happy Father's Day to all the dads reading my blog!

Now, there's a lot of really cool aspects of being the mother of a 12 year old, and one of the things that I like is that she's my source for staying hip. But this stanky leg thing? No Mommy doesn't know how to do the stanky leg and the title of the song is a bit off putting to say the least, LOL!! But I guess that song title is better than some of these other ones out here now like Birthday Sex, LOL!! THAT song she can NOT sing in my presence, EVER!!! Another borderline annoying thing about having a kid this age is that my daughter is now as tall as I am, as in I'm almost 5'8" tall and SHE is almost 5'8" which would be great except she's only 12!!!!! So I notice that now grown ass men are starting to look at her and that is unnerving and I find myself giving people that "Mama eye", a look that says you'd better find another cub to salivate over!! And this clothes thing? My issue isn't she that wants to walk around wearing shorts up her arse like so many of the kids at her school, it's that our clothes are getting mixed up, and I'm not sure what that says about me that my 12 year old and I wear some of the same clothes!!! So this week we implemented a new clothes washing program, as in you wash your own clothes. Great, less work for me and she gets to learn one of the many skills she's going to need when she becomes an adult!!

On to work happenings, I go to work on Friday to learn that the guy who got me the gig and whom was training me, decided to quit. Without ANY notice. Now he emailed me earlier in the week to let me know he was quitting but because he had done that before as a form on weak manipulation of the folks he was working for, I didn't believe him. And in an effort to be politically correct, I was sure not to mention anything to my supervisors because quite frankly it wasn't my business.

Now, there's a TON of pressure on me to keep things moving when I haven't been trained in all the equipment which under normal circumstances wouldn't be a problem. But the one thing the guying training me told me was that some of these folks are tight with money and my current contract only allots 10 hours/week not nearly enough hours to get things done. So in the spirit of being new and wanting to make a good impression so I can be the one picked for this position when it becomes permanent, I'm gonna have to break out my dancing shoes meaning that I'll be working a little bit for free. Not a problem, it's not like I have a lot of other things going on in my life right now. Plus I may have mentioned on a few previous posts how much I enjoy doing pathology related work anyway.

Other news, I've been dealing with some serious personal life stuff that has left my brain fried and in no place to absorb ANY work. In other words, I didn't study much this week for my Chemistry course. OTOH, my health is now finally starting to get back to normal and for the second month, I feel like the surgery I had in terms of alleviating certain symptoms has worked (ladies you know what I'm talking about). I'm still dealing with fatigue but hopefully in time, that will subside as well.

Ok, I'm off to cook breakfast on this special day followed by a stint at the library!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment