Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowmagedden is done!!!! Or is it?


So it turns out that President Obama has joined in the frenzy with the record breaking blizzard that hit metro DC earlier this week and has popularized the term snowmagedden. Okay, that works for me. I was just sooooo happy to finally be able to get out of the house today and what a beautiful day it was!!! But they say more snow may be coming this Saturday and next Monday so even for a person who loves the snow, this is starting to get a little old!!!

With all this time off I figured I'd make some efforts to get caught up in my school work. So In addition to reading for my infectious disease (ID) course, I also managed to get some MCAT studying done and progress is slow in coming! But like most things that are difficult, I'll take my progress any way I can get it and I once again have to give BIG props to the TBR physics review material.

I also managed to get into the lab to run a few experiments because it occurred to me that one of the best way's to discredit a bullyPI is with excellent science. So excellent science it is, and I'll post a few pics in the next few days using state of the art imaging equipment. But in the spirit of keeping it real, I also need to mention that 99.9999% of what I'm dealing with with bullyPI has NOTHING to do with my work because this person was a royal jerk to me before I ever opened my mouth. That said, there aren't but a few reasons this person could be such a jerk to a person it (LOL!!) doesn't know and because speaking that term won't change a damn thing, I'll refrain from using it. But I will say that if I had a dollar for every time in my 20+ career conducting research I'd dealt with a similar situation, I'd be reasonably rich. I say reasonably, because the fact is that support and encouragement from white men is a big reason my career is where it is today and I'm extremely thankful.

To be perfectly honest, I'd started to question being in this position at all because I was so angry about what I was dealing with. But as one of my sister's says, the devil is a liar, so I'm gonna hang in there because I assume God knew what he was doing when he put me in this position. And as the saying goes, God don't make NO mistakes!!!!

Peace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment