Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thumbs up?



Well, this picture accurately reflects my attitude about my job these days. Normally I would have been devastated by what I learned regarding my employment this week, but now that I have a new attitude about work in general, I'm really just taking things in stride.

Here are some of the changes:
1) Whenever my position becomes permanent, it will cap out at a salary I find completely unacceptable.
2) #1 would have been Okay, if I hadn't also learned that I will no longer be responsible for conducting original research.

I also learned that I scored a whopping 58 on my midterm, which is most embarrassing but hey, I gotta come clean on just how poorly I'm doing this semester in this class. Actually, I'm feel more burned out than distracted more because I've got about 5 or so balls I'm juggling in the air right now. Luckily for me, my prof is going to let me make up my exam and is also going to help me get a gig where I can do some ID research, but I'll have to kick some serious ass from this point forward. And I think I can now that once very significant "distraction" is pretty much behind me.

Needles to say I don't have anything to report MCAT study wise and will now need to concede that I've got too much on my plate right now to focus on that the way I need to. Once I'm done with classes in May, I'll be better able to do what I know I'm capable of doing as far as studying is concerned.

Well this is gonna be a short post because I had an absolutely exhausting week and I need to finally get some rest!

2 comments:

  1. Path,

    Keep on keeping on. I am using your story as an inspiration. I too am trying to study for the MCAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that! The past few weeks have been really tough, but I'm doing my best to hang in there!

    ReplyDelete