Monday, July 12, 2010

Funk defined!!

These days I've been what can best be called in a SERIOUS funk, a VERY long term funk that I just can't seem to shake. For the first time in forever, I really started to doubt this med school journey thing. And a large part of my mood was the fact that I went to the Doc last week and the results weren't very good at all (I'll give details when I find out what I'm dealing with) and I've got some additional procedures I have to endure along with meeting with a couple other Doctors. Yes, just what I did NOT need at this time . Needless to say, my MCAT progression was short lived but I'm going to work hard to get back on track this week.

I also changed my test date to Sept 9, registering for almost the last day I could take the MCAT for this cycle and now, I'm just hoping I'll be healthy/recovered enough to take it. Still, I'm going to keep preparing as if things are going to work out fine because at this point, I refuse to think anything else is a real possibility. I'm a strong believer that a positive attitude is absolutely critical especially at times like these.

Other than that, nothing much is going on. Now that I think about it, maybe what I really need to do is take a short 2 or 3 day vacation to get my head together. Yep, that sounds perfect, I've been promising my daughter that we would take our mother daughter vacation early this year and this coming weekend sounds like a GREAT idea :)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment