Thursday, July 1, 2010

Plowing ahead

So this week I've made what I consider an amazing amount of progress on my MCAT prep, but I think from now on, I'll post my results at the end of the week. My "groove" is really starting to come into place and I find myself learning at a much faster pace than I did before. Kinda reminds me of my summers in med school.....Again, a HUGE shout out to TBR for the amazing test materials. And I also think I'm going to move my test date up, giving me an additional 3 weeks of study, but this is a hard one because I kinda held out hope that if I received my scores in say early October, I could possibly still apply this year to a few schools in the area. Yeah I know, it's not smart to apply late but I guess I'd be depending on my networking to see me through.

Other things going on this week, I'm having some health issues related to the major surgery I had last year so I'm a little ocncerned about it especially since I've put this off a little bit, but I'm reasonably confident that things are going to be OK. Still, I'm reminded that after age 40, you just can't let things slide like you did in your 20's.

Jobwise, I've really got my hands full with some major projects which is exciting for me, but just as I expected there's going to be a consolidation of 2 labs that pretty much offer the same services, with the exception that I've got a few more techniques under my belt. Well my plan hasn't changed, I've "overextended my stay" in this current position by about 6 months so to speak, so hopefully I'll be on to my next employment challenge by the time this thing comes together. Guess we'll see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment