Thursday, November 3, 2011

"Going over" in less than 24 hours

Man, where do I begin!!

Well given that I now have more projects on my plate than ICK, I think it's safe to say that my job will officially be made permanent tomorrow. And let me be real here, I wasn't 100% sure I was gonna make it to this point just a few months ago. But having folks at my job who could relate to me and what I was going through and were more than willing to give a sista' a little advice, made ALL the difference in the world! Praying hard didn't hurt either!

In more "mama is gonna kick someones a$$" news, my daughter was bitten by a dog last Friday, and we haven't yet identified either the owner OR the dog. Woman walking 3 dogs on those extend a leash things, one bites my daughter, woman says she's sorry, woman walks off! And I can't tell you just how mad I am at this situation!!!! Unfortunately, we thought we had ID'ed the dog earlier today and two women with dogs matching the description of the one that bit her, had their pics taken along with their dogs (I can't tell you how angry one of the women was about having to do it). But personally I don't give a rat's a$$ how mad she was, rabies shots are VERY painful and I'd rather avoid having my child get those shots! And why one of the women raised so much hell about it is beyond me! Anyway, we're running out of time to ID the dog/owner before she'll have to get the first set of shots so I'm really, really, hoping we find out info on the dog real soon!

Finally, the thing I've most dragged my feet about is contacting med schools about my impending app. In one way, I'm taking my time because I don't want to hear another school tell me I had a legitimate shot at an acceptance this year. And I think I'd really like to get my kid closer to starting school before I matriculate. But I'm also kinda enjoying not having anything stressing me the heck out these days besides the normal stuff like family and job.

Well, I think I'm going to pass on dinner, opting for soup and a cup of camomile tea instead!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment