Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The overweight lover is in heavens' hiz-ouse!



After recently learning of the death of Heavy D AKA "The overweight lover", I decided to take a trip down memory lane, looking at youtube videos from back in the day when music was music!

One of my favorite ones was the hook he rapped on Janet Jackson's hit "Alright", the video which also featured other greats including Cab Calloway and the Nicholas brothers. Check it out here:



Other news, I had a MAJOR research breakthrough at work which couldn't have come at a better time because my supervisors' supervisor was on the preverbal warpath at a meeting we all had earlier in the week. Fact is my boss doesn't seem to be very highly regarded by his boss which is unfortunate given he has to supervise a woman who rides the "short bus" when it comes to histology, LOL!!! OTOH, I think there comes a point on every job when you just have to stand up for your ideas and let the chips fall where they may. For example, me and Supvs', Supv disagreed on how to do some calculations for my IHC. Now I've learned the hard way over the past few years how to identify a battle I can't win and also how to say what I have to say then let it go, which was VERY hard because this guy doesn't like being told he's wrong about ANYTHING (humph, PhD's!). So at some another point in our meeting I wanted to say "yeah sure, go ahead, rush this thing to clinical trials and if the patients end up with an HIV like syndrome because we knocked out all their damn T-cells trying to treat something else, that'll be all right! Two words, MD, PhD!!!

Speaking of that, I got an email today from a med school encouraging me to apply and this is a school where I'd in years past, communicated with one of the Deans. I could in theory still apply to this school especially since they have my future app on their "radar", and I can't describe how hard it is NOT to when I'm so ready to go! So I'll respond to the email over the weekend and see what happens!

RIP Heavy "D"!

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE GO AHEAD AND APPLY............GOOOOOOO GIIIIRLLLLL

    ReplyDelete