Friday, December 23, 2011

Sweet potato pie, 8 paid days off, and other 'ish

So today was my last day at work until Jan 3 and ALL the days off are on the company's dime. In other words, I don't have to use my paid time off! Woooo-hoooooo!!! So as is customary for me, I made sweet potato pie from scratch and brought it to work. And came home with 2/3 left. Now I don't mean to brag, but in the past when I bring this particular baked item to work, it lasts an hour before it's all gone! But not with this crowd, who weren't impressed with the whipped cream I brought along with it. Well no problem, that's one less pie I need to bake to take home to NC to celebrate Christmas with family, LOL!!!

Speaking of Christmas at home in NC, my regular readers may recall I had to stay in Metro DC last Christmas because I'd injured my knees when I slipped in the tub. Then I proceeded to cry like a baby when I called home to talk to my Mom, listening to how much fun my family was having without us:( NOT this year, I already have the SUV packed and ready to roll first thing in the AM.)

In the meantime, I've been giving a LOT of thought to where I'm going to apply to med school and have decided that moving to a nearby state would maximize options for both me and my kid, the major concern here being her future collegiate career. And having a state DO school is a benefit as well!

Well, I'd better get back in the kitchen because I promised to help with some of the cooking this year and I get to bed early. And to all my loyal and new visitors, please be safe this holiday season as you celebrate! See you in the new year!!! Luv you all!!

Path201X

1 comment:

  1. Send the Pie THIS WAY..............I need some help cooking too..... I am exhausted. Please have a great time....WE ALL DESERVE A GREAT BREAK SEASON............LUV YA BACK MY DEAR...... ttyl when u get back........SIGNING-OFF -OVER-AND -OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete