Friday, November 16, 2012

Check yo' self befo' you wreck yo' self!

I'm normally a sickening happy morning person to the point where my daughter frequently asks me to tone it down a bit. I'm also usually VERY tired by Friday due to getting up before dawn and frequently coming home after dusk.

But this morning was different, for some reason I got up enraged thinking about everything I went through working for that last Big Pharma company. I went about things as normal, then after dropping my kid off at school, went to my local Starbucks to get some work done. My normal routine is to access the Steve Harvey Morning show on line which I also listen to during my 45-60 minute commute to my kid's school, then check my favorite blogs, starting with the Grady doctor. And what I read there still has me with tears in my eyes, because just a few short hours after Dr. K said good bye to her sister last night, her sister died suddenly. And I've been fighting back the tears ever since.

You see it's an understatement to say that the unplanned change of jobs I had this summer turned things upside down in my life and yeah, though the legal process is moving along and in my favor, it's still a very hurtful, awful employment memory to have. But my anger with what I observed in Big Pharma and experiences I had there, pales in comparison to the sudden death of a loved one, so I quickly had to "check myself" and think about the zillion other ways my life is blessed and happy. And that brought to mind this old school rap video:



At times like these you realize that everyday of life is a gift even if some of the thoughts you're having that day aren't the best. But the good news about bad times is that they NEVER outweigh the good unless you focus on that.

So for the rest of my day, I'm going to count my blessings and be thankful for all the wonderful people who were in my life yesterday and are still here today!

No comments:

Post a Comment